Monday, April 22, 2013

What's this blog all about






Few days ago, I was reading about some guitar stuff over the Internet when a friend of mine chatted over facebook.
In the course of our conversation, he asked about what keeps me busy these days.
"I'm blogging", I answered.
"Oh really? What's your blog all about?", he immediately asked.
I told him that it's all about guitars and I gave him the link to this blog.
"Wow! That's Interesting, Van.", my dear friend replied.

It was already late and I wanted to keep my eyes open for a couple of hours more.
And so, after reading his reply, i went out to the pantry to make some coffee.
When i got back to my desk, my friend already signed-off and he left me with a question:

"Why did you make this blog?"

Too bad I wasn't able to answer his last question right away. But, for everyone to know why I made this blog, the following are my answers:

1. I want to help others learn to play the guitar - Whenever I play my guitar, a lot of people would often ask me questions - How did you learn playing? How young did you start learning? Was it hard? How can i play like you? Can you teach me how? For me, I really can't say that I'm good at playing the guitar. But, the thing is, a lot of people admire the way I play. Now, it suddenly came to me that it wouldn't bring any good keeping my talents only to myself. Thus, I want to share my talents and skills with you to help you learn to play the guitar too through this blog.

2. Online guitar lessons - As as self-taught guitarist, I already read vast amount of books and resources about guitars since I started learning how to play it. Some were good and very easy to understand but some weren't and too complicated for beginners to comprehend. I want to share with you the things I learned and continually learning in a manner which is easily understandable even for those who recently entered the guitar world. Moreover, this blog will serve as my review notes as well as yours wherein you can browse to look for a specific topic that you might have missed or just wanted to go back to.

3. A tribute to my father - My musical life was greatly influenced by my father and I wanted to honor him through this blog. He is my idol, my inspiration, and the unsung hero of my musical life. Learning the guitar needs a lot of dedication and perseverance. It always feels good when you know you are doing it for someone.

There you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment