Monday, April 15, 2013

I am a guirarist


But wait... What is a guitarist anyway?

From wikipedia:
A guitarist is synonymous to a guitar player and is a person who plays the guitar. A Guitarists may play a variety of guitar family instruments such as classical guitars, acoustic guitars, electric guitars, and bass guitars. Some guitarists accompany themselves on the guitar by singing or playing the harmonica

Well, if playing with the guitar is all that it takes to become a guitarist, then i guess i am fit to be called one. When I was a kid, i know a lot of ways how to play with almost anything (breaking them most of the time). hehehe...

But seriously...

What kind of guitar am i playing?

I started learning with an acoustic guitar. My father used to own a guitar store way back then selling different kinds of guitars. By the time I was 7 years old, our store was not operational anymore but my dad had a couple of acoustic guitar left at home. One was Gibson and its color was black and the other one was brown and I forget its brand. It was through those guitars that I learned some basic stuff. I did play a lot with those and as you might have guessed and I broke the brown one. The black guitar however was my Father's favorite but unfortunately it fell off when we were hit by an earthquake.

Other guitar experts would say that the nylon stringed classical guitar is easier to start with compared to a steel stringed acoustic guitar. But for me, It doesn't matter what type of guitar you start learning with as long as your comfortable with it.

I also got the chance to play classical, bass, and electric guitars. Each has its own different feel but I am more comfortable with an acoustic guitar.

What kind of music genre am i into?

I am fond of listening to jazz, bossa nova, and classical music for the reason that it was those kind of music that I grew up with. Also, I find those type of music very relaxing and amazing being able to use chords with altered notes and produce unique sounding (off-key) melody. I find it very artistic and challenging.

To end this post, here's a video of me performing a rough cover of Antonio Carlos Jobim's "Wave":


No comments:

Post a Comment