Friday, April 12, 2013

The good mood



It was already 5 in the afternoon and everyone was getting ready to go home.
I packed my things up and hurried out the door together with my office mates.
Everyone was wearing a smile after calling it a day and one by one they went on their way home.
Few more minutes passed and I realized I was the only one left outside of the office.

Am i waiting for someone? No, not at all.

I checked on my watch and remembered that it was already Friday.
No wonder why everyone's getting excited to go home.

But, why was I not feeling that way?

It was one of those times were I travel out of town to one of our branch offices and perform some corporate duties.
I was already there for 2 weeks and still counting.
I was staying in a hotel just a few blocks away from the office and I'm thinking of what to do when I get there.
Well, I already tried to do a lot of things just to get out of boredom.

For the most of us, having a chance to travel and stay at a new place is fun especially when you are with your friends. But, i guess, it doesn't apply when you are alone.

With nothing in my mind, I went off and grabbed a dinner in the nearby fast food chain.
I stayed there for a couple of hours sipping  my cold juice while trying to ease the loneliness i felt with the sight of busy people.

When I was on my way to the hotel, i happened to pass by this bistro.
A small poster on the door said - "Live acoustic band during Fridays"
"Oh! I love acoustic band!", I said to myself.
And out of curiosity and excitement, I entered the establishment.

The place had a good number of guests and the ambiance was great.
The acoustic band was already playing their first set when I got in.
And as I was listening to the music they were playing,
I found myself humming to the melodies of the songs I knew.

The guitarist was very expressive and it felt good just listening to the sound of his guitar.
It was very relaxing...
And out of nowhere, I began to remember a lot of different things whenever certain songs were played.

One of my favorite songs, "Terminal" by Rupert Holmes, was played that night.
My dad and I used to play that song too way back home when I was still in my teenage years.

After they played their last song, they received a good number of claps from the crowd.
I believe they highly deserved it.
It was only then that I noticed that the place was almost full.
I guess, there are also a lot of people who appreciate the simplicity and elegance of the acoustic music.
I had a great night and I went home with a smile on my face and still humming to the melody of the songs that were played..."La la la la, la la la la..."

Whenever I think of that time, i really admire the thought of how my mood was lightened up while listening to the sound of the guitar.
Truly, a guitar is a great instrument for expression and one's emotions can even blend with the music that it makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment